In cooperation with UNIVERSITAS Austria and the Vienna Chamber of Commerce and Industry, I am happy to announce this new edition of my Technology for Interpreters Training.
As opposed to translators, interpreters seldom use technology in their practice. This training aims to bring interpreters up to speed. This is a full day training from 9:30 - 17:30. The main components of the training are:
- Simultaneous Consecutive. This is a hybrid mode of interpreting for colleagues not comfortable working in consecutive mode.
- Paperless Preparation. This part looks at Computer-Aided Interpreting (CAI) tools, apps for document annotation, glossary management and online preparation resources.
- Note digitization. This part reviews several tools for digitizing handwritten notes to easily search them and organize them.
- Apps and gadgets that facilitate the interpreter's life on the go.
9:30 - 10:00 Welcome and participants' expectations
10:00-11:00 Intro to paperless environments and targeted search
11:00 - 11:30 Coffee/Tea break
11:30 - 12:30 Glossary Management and Document Annotation
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 - 15:00 Mock session
15:00-16:00 Simultaneous Consecutive
16:00-16:30 Coffee/Tea break
16:30-17:00 Digitizing your notes, on the go apps and useful gadgets
17:00-17:30 Wrap up and evaluation
The Vienna Chamber of Commerce and IndustryStraße der Wiener Wirtschaft 11020 ViennaAustria
To book your place, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.
Cost until 15 September 2019 (early bird discount)
- Members UNIVERSITAS Austria*: EUR 60,00
- Non-members: EUR 120,00
- Young members UNIVERSITAS Austria: EUR 20,00
- Students: EUR 30,00
Cost starting 16 September 2019
- Members UNIVERSITAS Austria*: EUR 80,00
- Non-members: EUR 160,00
- Young members UNIVERSITAS Austria: EUR 27,00
- Students: EUR 40,00
* Also applies to members of sister organizations (FIT organizations, ÖVGD, AIIC).
The number of participants is limited. Registrations are considered on a first come, first served basis. Only with successful payment of the participation fee is your registration binding.
Cancellation Policy: For cancellations made before September 15th, 2019, a cancellation fee of 10% of the registration fee will be charged. For later cancellations or no shows, the full training fee is payable; there will be no refund of fees already paid. Suggesting a substitute participant is possible.