In these hard times, I am impressed by the generosity of colleagues who launched initiatives to help #translators and #interpreters to cope with the situation and to work on their skills. This is by no means an exhaustive list.
- Teaching #consecutive interpreting online by Sophie Llewellyn Smith. 19 March 2020 at 6pm UK time. Register here.
- Teaching #simultaneous interpreting online by Sophie Llewellyn Smith. 19 March 2020 at 7pm UK time. Register here.
- Getting Started as a Freelance Translator by Corinne McKay beginning 30 March. Register here.
- Temporary Transition to Remote Interpreting During Health Emergencies: Guidance and Tips for Language Access Stakeholders. Sponsored by National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC). 28 March at 12:00 Noon ET / 11:00 AM CT / 9:00 AM PT
- Virtual practice group for interpreters with Darinka Mangino on 24 and 30 March at 7-9am Mexico City time. Register here.
- A series of webinar by Alexander Drechsel and Josh Goldsmith of Tech Forward. First session on providing feedback online on 19 March at 5pm CET / 11am EST. More details to follow here: https://techforword.com/p/webinars
- Discord Server for interpreters who just need to talk with Jonathan Downie available here.
- Remote Interpreting Platforms webinar in #Arabic by yours truly on 20 March at 7pm Cairo time. https://zoom.us/j/512007499
- Let's talk about terms and conditions for freelancers - why we need them by Sue Leschen on 1 April 2020 at 4pm UK time. https://zoom.us/j/333932050
- Marketing Strategies Course for Translators by Sherif Abuzid. A self-paced course. Registration till 31 March. https://www.translatorsgrowth.com/stay-at-home/